If you have lost access to your data, whether it be due to a broken laptop, a failing harddrive, accidental deletion or any other reason, we can help you to retrieve your valuable files.
Of course there are many different scenarios where data may have been lost, damaged or become corrupt and each situation will require a different approach.
Common scenarios requiring data recovery
Some of the common scenarios where you may require data recovery are as follows:
- Your laptop or computer has been broken and no longer works but contains important data. In this case recovering data is often a fairly straight forward task that involves removing the harddrive from the device (This harddrive is where your data is stored) and then manually copying the files over to either a new computer, an external drive or perhaps back on to the same device once it has been repaired.
- You have lost the password for your computer or laptop. In this case we can either carry out a similar procedure as above, or in some cases we can use a program to remove or reset the password and get you back in to the device, and in turn access to your data.
- You have a USB drive, or a harddrive that has stopped working – perhaps it will not power on, or it makes a clicking noise when you try to access it. In these cases we can normally get the data back still, it just means a little more work is required.
- You have accidentally deleted files from your computer – and in some cases you may have also removed them from the recycle bin. Even in this scenario we can often retreive those files. In reality, when files are deleted from the computer, the physical data itself is not destroyed, but rather the information is just removed from the “table of contents”, meaning the data is still present, but its just a little harder to find.
- You have lost your laptop or computer. In this case it may still be possible to retreive your files if you were using a cloud storage provider such as icloud or Microsoft OneDrive, or if you had any type of backup in place such as a time machine backup, or windows backup.
Windows laptop and PC recovery
We can carry out data recovery for a Windows or Microsoft based device in any of the scenarios listed above. Simply give us a call and we can arrange to perform some basic diagnostics on your computer or laptop, after which we will be able to give you an idea of a) whether the data is retreivable and b) the requirements and costs involved.
Apple iMac and Macbook data recovery
We can also carry out data recovery services on Apple based devices such as Apple iMac computers, Apple Macbooks and even Apple iPads.
Data recovery for external USB drives, Memory cards and SD cards
Our data recovery solutions don’t stop at computers and laptops; we can also recover data from external storage mediums including:
- SD cards
- Memory cards
- USB memory sticks
- External USB drives
- External SSD drives
- CDs and DVDs
- Tablets and Phones
- Disks that were part of a RAID array
- Network attached storage (NAS)
How the data recovery process works
First of all, bring the device in to us for an appraisal. We will take a detailed look at the device and find out of it is possible to recover data and if so, how much it is going to cost. You can then decide whether or not to go ahead with the recovery. If you decide not to go ahead, we charge a small “diagnostics” fee and if you do decide to go ahead, we will work on the recovery of your data.
Once the recovery is complete we will provide you with a copy of the data on an external harddrive and if it turns out that we were not able to retreive the data as originally believed, then we will not charge you. This way you have peace of mind that you are only paying if the data is actually retreived and in-tact.
We offer all of our services at an affordable rate and we try to be as transparent as possible, with all of our prices available on our website. If you are ever unhappy with any of our services we also offer a satisfaction guarantee.
Read a selection of recent reviews from some of our happy customers. All of our reviews are managed and verified by an independent provider. To find out more, or read all of our past reviews, visit Reviews.co.uk